Friday, February 18, 2011

Basalmic Chicken Pasta

Sorry, no pics for this recipe because my two year old accidentally deleted them! But, this is delicious and easy to make.

1 lb. pasta of choice (I use penne because it's easier for my little guy to eat)
4 chicken breast cubed
1 carton of cherry tomatoes
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 to 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
2 cups minced fresh basil
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tbl capers (optional)
Parmesan cheese

Prepare pasta according to package directions and set aside. Meanwhile toss chicken, tomatoes, and all other ingredients except Parmesan cheese together in a big bowl. Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet, or baking sheet with a 1 inch lip. Broil for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Toss the mixture with the pasta! Use a rubber scraper to get every bit of the yummy seasoning from the baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!

I also add yellow squash, mushrooms, zucchini, and eggplant to mine. I saute the veggies with a little olive oil and garlic and then add them to the mix before broiling!

From the kitchen of Megan

1 comment:

  1. Sounds SOOO yummy! Fresh basil is ALWAYS welcome in my kitchen! I'm so trying this. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete