Monday, October 4, 2010

Copycat Olive Garden Salad

Sorry I don't have a picture of this, but I think most people have had Olive Garden's yummy salad :) This is a copycat of that recipe.

Salad:
1 bag romaine + iceberg salad
4-5 slices red onion
4-6 black olives
2-4 banana peppers
1/2 cup croutons
1 small tomato sliced
freshly grated parmesan cheese (I have also used non freshly grated)
**Place the bag of salad in bowl. Place red onion, black olives, banana peppers, tomatoes, and croutons on top of the lettuce. Add parmesan cheese. Serve with generous amount of salad dressing on top.

Dressing:
1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. romano cheese ( I have left this out when I didn't want to run to the store and it still tasted great)
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
sugar (optional, but I usually start with 1/4 cup and add more if I want a less zangy taste)
**Mix all ingredients in a blender until well mixed (approximately 30 seconds). If this is a little to tart for your own personal tastes please add a little extra sugar. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

From the kitchen of Kelly (adapted from a recipe I got from my friend, Stacie Williamson)

No comments:

Post a Comment