Monday, September 20, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup


Ingredients:

2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Cans Chicken Stock (or 3 cups homemade chicken stock)
1 Can Mexican Tomatoes
1 Can or Pint of Tomatoes
1 Can Green Chilies
1 Can Corn
2 Cups Cooked Diced Chicken
1 Clove Garlic
Homemade Tortilla Strips

Chicken:

I cut up and boil 2 to 3 chicken breasts and to the water I add chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and paprika (I don't measure it, I just eyeball about a tablespoon of each).

Soup:

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and let it heat through until warm.

Tortilla Strips:

Use a pizza cut to cut tortillas into strips. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the strips until crunchy!

We always eat our our soup with sour cream and cheese on top as well!


From the kitchen of Megan

1 comment:

  1. This soup is the best! Megan made it for me once when I was sick and I have loved it ever since. ;)

    ReplyDelete