Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shrimp Alfredo

(adapted from Secret Recipes)

I love Olive Garden's Alfredo sauce, so I looked up the recipe online.  I added a few changes to make it my own, so here is my version

Ingredients:
1 pint half and half
1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter
2 TB cream cheese (I was out of cream cheese, but a good substitute for cream cheese is blended up cottage cheese, which I have used in a pinch many times)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2-3 cloves minced garlic
shrimp - optional

In a pan melt one stick of butter.  Add shrimp.  I use frozen cooked shrimp, which is easy to overcook so I just make sure it's warmed through.  Remove shrimp from the pan and add extra butter. (If you are not adding shrimp, skip that step and don't use the extra butter)  Add garlic and cook for one about 30 seconds to one minute.  Add half and half, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese and stir until all is melted. Simmer for a few minutes.  If the sauce is still too runny, mix in a separate cup a little cornstarch and water and add to sauce to thicken.  Add the shrimp back in until all is combined and warmed.  Pour over pasta.



1 comment:

  1. This recipe makes my mouth water just looking at it. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete