Friday, July 31, 2009

Tiny Spicy Chicken

This is my MIL's recipe and it is the best tiny spicy chicken. I love Mandarin Garden's tiny spicy chicken, but I think this is even better!

Chicken:
2 1/2 lbs Chicken, cut into small chunks
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 beaten eggs
1 cup corn starch
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water

Mix water and eggs together, in separate dish mix garlic powder and corn starch. Dip chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then into the corn starch mixture. Brown chicken in oil until browned on both sides and move to cookie sheet.

Sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 pineapple juice
1 to 1 1/4 teaspoons tabasco sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix together and pour over browned chicken. Bake the chicken at 350 for 45 minutes. Half way through baking turn the chicken over and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so that looks DELICIOUS and EASY! I am super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to tell you that I've made this twice now--it's made it into our rotation of favorite meals. SO yummy.

    Also, thought I'd mention--I make two changes. First off, I don't have tobasco, but this is so tasty without it. Probably much milder, which I'm a fan of. :) Other thing--I get the pineapple juice from a can of pineapple chunks, and then just toss the pineapple in with the chicken right before I bake it--so, SO good.

    Thanks so much for this recipe. Finally something my husband likes as much as I do that *I* make.

    ReplyDelete